I know I’ve shared some rather intimate tidbits over the years. You all probably know more about the inner workings of my reproductive system than the whole roomful (buildingful?) of doctors I’ve seen since the beginning of our TTC journey.
I saw this on my friend’s blog, Waiting to Expand, and thought it was a cute idea! I get to share some things with you that actually DON’T have anything to do with my girly bits (and that you may not actually know!), and you get the opportunity to copy and share on your own blog, Facebook, or hey – even the comments section right here! I’d love to learn your little details, and I’m sure you have accumulated some friends and followers over time that could stand to get to know you a little better too.
And so, enjoy my mundane little factoids, friends. 🙂
Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Drive-in diner car-hop. Yes, seriously. On rollerskates and everything. I was fifteen. I looked like a baby deer on ice.
2. Cashier at a pharmacy/gift shop – Hey Cassie, me too! 🙂
3. Bridal consultant. Yes, bridezillas exist, and no, it’s not as fun as it looks on tv. Say Yes to the Dress reruns make me twitch.
4. Office manager for a large recruitment company. This one is actually a lot more fun than it may sound like.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1. Pitch Perfect
3. The Princess Bride
4. Army of Darkness
Four books I’d recommend:
1. The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Yes, the whole book series (and the tv series too, while you’re at it!); the first book is just called Outlander.
2. The Giver by Lois Lowry.
3. Fat Girl Walking by Brittany Gibbons. This one JUST came out, and is written by someone I know and admire, and a local blogger at that! READ IT NOW!
4. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling. They’re critically acclaimed and beloved by children and adults everywhere for a reason. Very few writers have this kind of way with words; I’d argue that Gabaldon and Rowling are top on my list of the most amazing writers that have ever lived.
Four cities I’ve lived in:
1. Newaygo, MI.
2. Grand Rapids, MI.
3. Livonia, MI.
4. Toledo, OH. I’ve been a few places, but I always come back home to the Midwest.
Four places I’ve visited:
1. San Francisco, CA. Nice pier. Terrifying bridge.
2. Atlanta, GA. Nice bars. Terrifying old lady strip club.
3. New York City, NY. Nice people (despite the reputation). Terrifying drivers (live up to the reputation).
4. Chapleau, Ontario, Canada. Nice fishing. Terrifying indigenous wildlife.
Four Places I Could Visit Over and Over:
1. Grand Rapids, MI. It used to be home, literally, and it will forever have a place in my heart. Over the years there’s been a big cultural boom there, and there’s just so much to DO and EAT, that I could visit monthly and never get bored!
2. Scotland. No, I’ve never been there. Yes, I’m sure I want it on my list.
3. Any quaint little wooded Michigan town, preferably on a river, during the peak of the fall color change. *sigh*
4. Amish country, doesn’t matter where. I just want to eat your delicious food made seasoned lard and overbearing religious restrictions!! YUMMMM.
Four things I just won’t eat:
1. Mushrooms. Boo, fungus.
2. Raw tomatoes. Give it to me in sauce, salsa, or ketchup form, but no thanks on the fresh variety.
3. Shellfish. Bad reaction once… too afraid to try again.
4. Artificial sweeteners. Because I like my brain cells, thank you very much.
Four things I could eat every day:
1. Bacon. No one is surprised by this.
2. Fresh peas – pod and all – straight from the garden.
3. Wild strawberries.
4. ALL THE CHEESE.
Four TV shows I used to watch and miss (and watch in reruns as much as I can):
2. Gilmore Girls
4. Grey’s Anatomy. Don’t judge me.
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
1. All the ‘firsts’ that are coming for our little Jelly Bean.
2. Spending some time in the sunshine this summer.
3. Visiting family and friends in West Michigan.
4. Turning 35. Yes, I am actually looking forward to it. I’m as surprised as you are.
Four things I need right now:
1. A massage. Thank the lord I have an appointment this weekend!
2. A nap. Nothing major, just like 6-8 hours.
3. Someone to organize my life, clean my home, and fold my laundry.
4. Oh! A butler! What I need is a butler!!
Four dreams I have for our future:
1. To enjoy old traditions as a family.
2. To build some new traditions.
3. To always be sure that what I spend the bulk of my time doing – whether it’s working outside the home, staying home with my family, or some combination of the two – is what is best for us all.
4. To have the kind of marriage that inspires our Jelly Bean to seek out her own kind of comfortable and quirky happiness.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to copy, share, tag – whatever! Link back here in the comments if you can, because I’d love to read your little details too! 🙂