Soooo… Who wants the news?
Yep. The beta was negative.
Not that I’m surprised or anything.
I peed on a stick this morning to prepare myself.
I also ate four mini Almond Joy’s for lunch, so I kinda suspected something was up… And yesterday I ate half a bag of Chips Ahoy and six strips of leftover bacon.
(My mom keeps telling me my diet is going to catch up with me when I hit my thirties. I am thirty now, which means I’m in my thir-ty. When I turn thirty-one in a week and a half, then I’ll officially be in my thir-ties.
So I’ve got a few days. Bring on the bacon, bitches!!)
I was disappointed, as per usual, to hear the results, but in a way it was a relief.
I’m okay with this.
It’s time to move on to a new year, and a new approach.
Anyway, speaking of looking on the bright side of things – I can officially have some Thanksgiving wine!
Other things that are nice to look forward to since I won’t be medicated this holiday season:
- Night-before-Thanksgiving cocktails with friends
- Wine with Thanksgiving dinner
- Post-Thanksgiving-dinner cocktails with the in-laws
- Thanksgiving-night spiked cider and putting up Christmas decorations
- Punkin Chunkin
- Black(out) Friday
- Seeing the Lights Before Christmas at the Toledo Zoo with friends (I’ve got to remember to get a flask to fit in my boot…)
- Michigan-Ohio State party!
- Open bar at the office Christmas party, which also happens to be on my birthday
- BIRTHDAY DRINKS!!
- Friends-Thanksgiving, complete with adult beverages and carbs
- Birthday dinner out with the Livonia crew – and drinks, of course
- Nephews’ birthday party (there probably won’t be drinks here… gotta remember to pack that flask again.)
- Christmas Eve with my family in Michigan (I’ll stay sober for this one… It’s a long drive home.)
- Christmas dinner (and wine) with the in-laws
- Having the day after Christmas (Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends!) to recover from Christmas
- Having a glass, or two (or a bottle or two) of champagne on New Year’s Eve
- Spending New Year’s Day sleeping in and relaxing with the husband
And my favorite thing about spending the next month under the influence of anything but hormones:
- Looking forward into 2012 with bravery and hope, and with my love by my side.
And I plan to keep him by my side, because one of my New Year’s resolutions is going to be taking the Robot out of Robot Sex and spicing things up a bit. I may have tumbleweeds in my uterus, but one nice side effect is that I still have a pretty fantastic torso, and I might as well show it off a bit.
You’re welcome, honey.
Also, thank you to my friends and family (and complete strangers!) out there who have spent this entire year (and the year before that… and the year before that…) supporting us and rooting us on and picking us up when we’re losing hope.
It’s nice to have you to lean on, but for us, it’s time for a month or two away from the baby race.
Perhaps taking a step back will bring us a step closer to each other, and maybe even a step closer to understanding what our next step should be.
Hopefully 2012 won’t see me in rehab recovering from 2011…
It’s gonna be a sloppy Christmas, Charlie Brown!