March 21st, 2011. CD25, 7DPO.
Well friends, a lot has happened over the course of the few days since I last posted. Why don’t I update you…?
- On Thursday, after the trip to McDonald’s for my favorite Saint Patrick’s Day delicacy, the husband took me out to browse at shiny new electronics. Much like every yard sale in my childhood where I came home with a new kitten, the “window shopping excursion” yielded big results. I am currently writing this post on the couch from my fan-freaking-tastic new laptop! Wheeee! Thankfully I didn’t have to wait for AF to show her mean old face before I was rewarded for all of my laborious egg-producing work…
- I’ve been having a rough time with my job (and in life, I guess, too…) lately, and the stress of it all has taken a huge toll on me physically. I don’t want this to translate into even more TTC issues, or to exacerbate other current stress-related health problems from which I already suffer, so I sat down and talked to my boss-lady on Friday morning. She was understanding, and even though it’s the busy season for the bridal industry, she agreed to let me decrease my hours temporarily, going from five days a week to four. It’s not a huge jump, but it gives me two days off in a row, which is a big deal when your whole family and most of your friends live half a state away. I feel good about the change, and hope that it translates into the bedroom. …Err… you know what I mean… for makin’ babies.
- The husband, knowing how tightly wound I’ve been lately, took it upon himself to clean the entire house, laundry and all, on Saturday while I was at work. On his day off. During March Madness. Which is a huge deal, just so ya know. I was so impressed that I took him out to dinner, where I ate an enormous cheeseburger and immediately regretted it. The husband is currently riding the high tide that should be every married man’s mantra, “Happy wife, happy life”.
- Thanks to the husband for being such a stud and preempting all of the housework I had intended to tackle over the weekend, I spent most of my Sunday on the couch, being a gluttonous lump. We made a big brunch, watched basketball, cleared off the DVR, snacked, and had a carbohydrate-rich comfort-food crock pot dinner before watching Sister Wives in the hopes that some of that awesome polygamist fertility juju will come our way. It was glorious.
- Spring has arrived, which can only improve my mood… and my poor dog’s likelihood of getting walked.
- I have been almost completely pop-free (or soda-free, for those of you who don’t live in Michigan) for almost two months now, and am very proud of myself. It might not seem like a big deal to most people, but I was an addict. Seriously. I could easily drink a whole two-liter of Pepsi in a day… sometimes more. Some folks have their go-to comfort foods when they are stressed or upset or just craving something, and for me it was pop. Other than an occasional glass when we go out to dinner, I haven’t had any carbonated beverages since the end of January, which, incidentally, is when I started Clomid. I feel great about it, and much to my surprise, I haven’t suffered as badly from the caffeine-withdrawals as I thought I would. Green tea is helping with that.
- I am now descending deeper into the psychotic obsessiveness that comes along with the TWW… It occupies my every thought, every second of every day. It’s a good thing I have this blog, and my FertilityFriends, otherwise I might turn into a bitter, crazy, chart-stalking she-bitch who can speak of nothing but what her uterus is or is not doing. Oh wait…
- My post-ovulation temps have been a bit of a head-scratcher this cycle… They went up, and up, and then down. Up, and then down, and down, and down (see photo below). Last month was textbook: Ovulation, followed by gradually rising temps all throughout the LP, followed by the dreaded temp dip when AF blew into town. This month is confusing, both because of the strangely erratic temps, and because I have absolutely no PMS symptoms. My girls don’t hurt, I don’t have any weird crampy feelings, I’m not eating every sugary thing in sight… (Well, except for the bag of jellybeans I polished off between Friday and Sunday. If you count that sort of thing. Which I don’t.) It’s all very suspicious. I don’t want to get my hopes up that maybe no symptoms is actually a pregnancy symptom in itself, but it’s hard not to wonder. I also find myself thinking that maybe being on Clomid for two months without monitoring is taking a toll on my lining, but I don’t know if that would cause these non-symptoms. I guess we shall see what the next four or five days brings. Curiouser and curiouser…
So that’s what’s going on in my neck of the woods. I hope to report back to you all with some good news, or at least some symptoms, in the next few days. …And if that doesn’t happen, rest assured that I will be sharing my disappointment and crankiness with the world yet again. I’m sure you’ll all be on the edges of your seats.
One thing is absolutely certain: No matter the fluctuating levels of snarkiness I may display, my level of appreciation for all of you never wanes.
Enjoy the week, faithful friends and supporters!